4.16.2008

The dB's

I just managed to get my hands on a CD (!) that I once owned but was stolen -- accidentally, it must be added. The dB's are such a perfect band and this double-album -- Stands for Decibels/Repurcussion -- is such a perfect album that its inspired the audio-evangelist in me. I've begun to find music reviews insufficient, unless they're tearing something apart (and that's a different, easier joy), and so I'll spare you. Ok, permit me an incomplete sentence: bridging the gap between Big Star and Southern power pop -- and modern bands like the Shins -- casually genius, big in England, polite in person, criminally overlooked and not because they're actually bad, good.

Video might do them justice



See them play my favorite song live. Also, as of my last excursion, you can't buy their album on iTunes. One could take that as a perfect excuse to visit a brick-and-mortar record store. That could be fun in and of itself.

No comments: